In August 2013, Computer Science Girls (CSGirls) was created as a platform for students to meet, discuss, and celebrate their love for computer science. Today, CSGirls is known for cultivating bright, talented professionals and upholding relationships with top employers in the country.
CSGirls was founded on the principles of promoting a safe environment for students and recognizing excellence within the technology community at the University of Houston. Our main objective is to guide women in technology; however, we welcome people from all backgrounds. In line with our university’s values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive community for our members to promote fellowship.
Why should you join CSGirls?
As a member, you will:
- Get a free T-shirt!
- Eat free food at every meeting
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Meet and collaborate with other women who share the same interests
- Gain hands-on experience with new technologies through exclusive workshops
- Attend events and information sessions by leading companies in Houston
- Receive volunteer opportunities to promote STEM within our community
- Participate in fun social events
2 replies on “About”
How to join CSgirls? I am interested to join.
Hello Malavika! Come to anyone one of our meetings throughout the semester and you’ll be able to sign up then.