CSGirls was founded in 2013 with the goal to create a community to better support women interested in technology at the University of Houston. Today, CSGirls has 40 members and runs meetings every other Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm at Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall, room 550.
CSGirls also volunteer and participate in Houston-based community events. CSGirls volunteered at the Girls Exploring Math and Science event. The group partnered with Microsoft and NASA to teach 80 inner-city middle school girls to make apps. And this year, CSGirls partnered with HMNS to help organize Science Hack Day Houston 2016.
As a member you will:
- Meet and collaborate with other girls who share the same interests
- Become a mentee or mentor to help one another become academically successful
- Have a hands-on experience with new technologies through exclusive workshops
- Attend talks by female speakers who are leaders in the technology field
- Have exclusive invitations to the Girls Coding Club of Houston and user groups in the city
- Have volunteering opportunities to promote computer science in our community
- Attend social events for fun social networking opportunities